Sunday, December 12, 2010

Par-tey!








The annual Groneman Christmas Party was a balloon-stomping, ping-pong ball blowing, white elephant exchanging, face-stuffing, pinata bashing (YES-- that darling snowman is a pinata that my sister-in-law Katie made!), freeze dancing affair! Highlights of the evening included:

1. My mother getting the belly dancing kit I gave as a white elephant gift (complete with a "Best of Belly Dancing" music CD, instructional book, and castanets).

2. Ty attacking the the pinata with unrestrained joy (a complete contrast to Benjamin's horror about hitting a pinata at the same age. His cousin who is the same age was also scared to hit it. Should I be worried???).
3. Uncle Chad breaking the unbreakable pinata by sitting on it (wish I'd had the camera rolling!).

It was a great time! How fun to be back where we can participate in these holiday traditions again!

4 comments:

  1. It has been WONDERFUL to have the Dastrup clan around for these type of shindigs this year. (Now if we could only get the Nelson's here). I want to complain about the belly dancing kit. I thought it would include the outfit pictured on the front of the box but it doesn't :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make an outfit for ya Gramps, if you will use it and the rest of the ensemble Christa so graciously provided, to entertain us at Christmas next year!
    I am with GRAMPS . It is GREAT to have ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no! The outfit is for YOU! I didn't get stuck with the belly dancing kit. YOU did! I got the eggciting box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we could have been there! Looks/sounds like fun. I feel lost with out a white elephant gift :)

    ReplyDelete