Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ping Pongs

Last week while dropping Benjamin off at school, Ty suddenly got all excited and shouted, "Look!  Ping pongs!  Ping pongs on the tree!"  I had no idea what he was talking about, but the same thing happened the next day.  I asked him where the "ping pongs" were, and he said, "On the sharp tree!  Ping pongs on the sharp tree!"  Finally I got it-- pine cones!  All during our camping trip to Bryce Canyon he continued to call them ping pongs despite our modeling of the correct terms (though I have to admit that I didn't try too hard since I think it is so cute to hear pine cones called ping pongs!).

1 comment:

  1. What a funny boy! Well our pine tree should thrill him then too...it has lots of ping pongs on it. Isn't it great to see the world through the eyes of a child.? I love it.

    ReplyDelete