Sunday, June 17, 2012

Precious Moments

Here are some of the reasons why I love being a mom:

Brigham and I went on a date this week and left the kids with my sister for the evening.  After coming home, I checked on all of the kids.  Ty was sound asleep in his room, and I sat watching him sleep for a minute.  I whispered, "I love you, Ty."  To my surprise, he whispered back, "I missed you, Mommy!"

I got my first cold sore this week, and I've been trying not to kiss the kids so that I don't expose them.  Two days ago, Ty hurt himself and came to me crying.  I hugged him and said consoling things, but after about 30 seconds he said impatiently, "Kiss me, Mommy!"

Jacob has started giving me "kisses".  He leans in and puts his head on mine and makes the "mmmm" sound that I always make when I give the kids kisses.


On a not-so-sublime note, Jacob's new thing is to try to stick my hair up his nose or in his ears.  Really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment