Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I should probably make a resolution to post something every week... but I know it would only take about three weeks to break that one, so why bother? I do want to do a better job of recording those wonderful moments of every day, however. So how about this: I hereby resolve to record at least 50% of the things my children do that make me laugh out loud or cry (in a good way). I realize that sticking the "50%" makes for one weak resolution (such as in "I'm going to watch what I eat 50% of the time" or "I'm going to read my scriptures 50% of the time), but I know myself well enough to know that if I don't think a goal is reachable, I don't try very hard to reach it. And I know that writing down every funny thing my kids do is beyond my scope of accomplishment because, frankly, my kids are dang funny.

Anyway, I want to start off on the right foot, so below is a picture of something that made me laugh out loud today: Jacob watching the birds at the pet store.. The Pet Co employees may wonder why there are smears all over the bird glass, but it really is no mystery.
One other thing that makes me laugh lately is Ty's talking skills. He is starting to put multiple words together into sentences, and nothing spurs him to greater linguistic heights than lecturing Jacob. Once he saw Jacob climbing on a chair and said, "Uh oh, Jacob! Uh uh! Get down!" He is also able to get his desires across better, such as when he wanted Benjamin to run around with him and said, "Mo wun fast Bemin, peas!" (Which interpreted means "More run fast Benjamin, please!") Even his tough Daddy, who is usually immune to misguided pleas, couldn't resist Ty when he woke up sick in the middle of the night recently and said, "Choo choo show, peas!" Yes, there was a midnight showing of Thomas.

How grateful I am for these funny kids! I look forward to seeing what they come up with in 2011!



4 comments:

  1. great picture.
    I love the phase Ty is in when they start saying the cutest little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good resolution and good post Christa! I hope you make good with this resolution. It is something you will be glad you did forever...especially if you print it off and save the whole thing like Kim does with our blog for a family history. We would love it if you would put it on our blog too, so that it will be included in our history.
    It is SO CUTE to see the way they start to put together sentences! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who put that glass in Jacob's way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts. Doing much better than me for sure. Make that your resolution, "post more than Dinah" and you will win all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete