Friday, January 7, 2011

More Laughs

About a week ago, we were having dinner when Benjamin said (with longing), "When do I get to start having periods?" Brigham and I just stared at him. Then it dawned on me that he was talking about having different class periods at school. Whew!

Last Sunday we had some friends over for dinner, and they kindly brought us a beautiful braided loaf of homemade bread, still hot from the oven. We set it on the counter and started our meal, and after a few minutes I looked over and found Jacob in the process of devouring it. He had torn off and eaten about a third of it before I discovered him. The loaf was mangled, but I assured them that Jacob eating something that they had made was the highest food honor there is.

Today I gave Ty a bath, and he discovered a new game that he found extremely entertaining: peeing through the toy basketball hoop suction-cupped to the side of the tub. His aim was actually quite good-- he nailed it every time. Maybe I shouldn't discourge this new game-- I would appreciate having one child with decent aim around here. No wait-- I just had a flash of inspiration! What I really need to do is suction-cup that tub toy onto the inside of the toilet bowl! I'll bet my bathrooms would suddenly be much cleaner! Why didn't I think of that before?? I'm totally going to design my own toilet bowl hoop for potty-training boys and make my millions.

7 comments:

  1. Ya know! I think you are SERIOUSLY on to something! You would buy it wouldn't you? So would every other mom with a boy with a bad aim! You can pay off all your debts and live the lifestyle of the rich and famous! (remember the guy in Anne ward who made himself rich off the gumball machines?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post was a GREAT laugh, three times, BTW! Keep it up!
    Maybe you should think of becoming an author on writing fun parenting books! I love your posts (and that it isn't taking so long between them anymore!) CU Sunday!
    BTW, doesn't Ty like to pee on Cheerios placed in the toilet for target practice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I miss you... so bad.

    ...and your kids.... thanks for this post. too bad the dffc humor bit is over.

    much love from Cambridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the funniest! Thanks for the laughs : )

    ReplyDelete