Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting in Touch with my Masculine Side


















Had you asked me 15 years ago how I'd feel about being surrounded by four handsome, adoring males, I certainly would have said, "WAHOO! Bring it on!" And with good cause-- it definitely is exciting! Had you also asked me to rate a day spent at a model train festival and a BYU basketball game on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "Please don't torture me like that!" and 10 being "The most amazingly fun day ever!", I probably would have given it a 2 or a 3. Little would I have realized back then that my answer to question one would directly lead to the scenario in question two. The shocking thing to me is that after spending the day in said pursuits, I have to give it very high marks.

I'm not sure what has happend to me over the last 15 years. Perhaps it is the constant indirect exposure to such high levels of testosterone, but now I find myself shouting out, "Fire truck!", "Train!", or "BULLDOZER!!" when I'm driving around-- even when there are kids in the car. I also confess that this season I have watched a game or two of BYU basketball on TV even when Brigham was at work and Benjamin was at his grandparents' house. Of course I rationalized that I just needed something to watch while I was folding laundry, but sometimes there was more watching going on than folding. Just what is happening to me??? I don't know, but just being able to share in the joy of my little boys beholding model trains or my big boys beholding Jimmer's shots from half court makes it alright. (But someone please slap me if I ever start talking about fantasy baseball or spitting in public, okay?)

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I will grant your request with a slap. And after reading yet another amusing post, I would have to say that it is time for you to have a baby girl...or twins of both sexes so that Ty has a bud too. (Now, don't pass out on me...I have no powers over the powers that grant that sort of requests...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You watch the games independently? Don't tell steve.
    I'm glad you've learned to love bulldozers. Your boys are fun.
    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's there to say? Boys are great. Girl stuff is just sissy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the game! Must've been fun to watch Jimmer and Jackson at their last game in the Marriott Center. :) Not sure where that puts if I've always liked sports, especially BYU sports... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts! It's been great fun being a fan with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a house hold of boys will do to you. A couple years ago I found myself at the BYU bookstore dropping $100 on BYU shirts for the whole family because I was in love with BYU Football... what has happened to us?!

    ReplyDelete