Sunday, April 8, 2012

Keeping it Clean

Yesterday I was doing my hair when Benjamin came in and informed me, "Mom, Jacob is putting his iPad under the water in the bathroom!" (It is amazing just how much trouble can be gotten into in the time it takes me to do my hair!)  I went running to the bathroom and found Jacob just as excited as can be to be watching his show in the sink with water streaming across it.  I quickly snatched it and hurried to dry it off, but alas-- the damage had been done and it wouldn't turn back on.  I'd heard about the uncooked rice trick, so we quickly put it in a bag of rice, crossed our fingers, and said our prayers.  Today we took it out, and much to our joy, it turned on!  It still has some quirks (brain damage from being underwater too long?), but we are thrilled to have it working at all.  Perhaps Jacob was just trying to give us a nice Easter allegory... if so, it was pretty effective!

Speaking of Easter, the boys have had some great times the last couple of days.  Yesterday morning they had an egg hunt in our house, enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Dastrup, and later in the afternoon they had a treasure hunt that led them to some soccer goals for the back yard.  Today we had Easter dinner at Grandma and Gramps' house, another Easter egg hunt with cousins, and dyed eggs.  We love Easter and all that it stands for!


2 comments:

  1. I love that bottom picture of the 3 boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad that resurrection applies to i pads too! Who'd have thought? I want to borrow the picture of the three boys. It's wonderful. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete