Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween is always such a fun holiday, and this year was no exception.  Here are a few snapshots from our fun day!

Jacob and Teacher Glenda in Jordan Valley's Halloween Parade.  When Jacob saw me he took a break from the parade and sat with me for awhile before resuming his route.  A short time later a lunch lady approached me and asked if I was Jacob's mom.  When I told her I was, she told me (with tears running down her face), "I just love him!  He lights up my life!  He has a special place in my heart."  Apparently he makes a special trip to see her every day after lunch.  That's my sweet boy!
 
This year we had to divide and conquer since they boys' schools are so far apart now.  Brigham went to Benjamin's parade and said that Benjamin was surrounded by a harem of ladies who were all trying to talk to him.  That's our handsome kid!

Ty was very excited about carving pumpkins this year.  I helped him draw the face onto the pumpkin, but he did at least half of the carving!

 No surprises here.  This boy's blood runs blue.
 
 Brigham does a masterpiece pumpkin every year.  This is how it turned out:
 
Wicked, huh?
 

 We tried really hard to get a cute group shot, but it just didn't work out.
 
Commando Jacob reporting for duty.

 Sir Ty Runs-a-lot
 
 Benjamin Potter
 
 Ty lead the charge for candy-- unless any ferocious (or completely docile) canine presented itself, and then he ran for cover behind the nearest bush or vehicle.
 
 Grandma and Gramps joined us for trick-or-treating, so it was extra fun!
 
Jacob stole away many hearts by signing "thank you" repeatedly after getting candy at each house.  He also surprised a little girl who was passing out candy by poking her in the eye (his way of saying "I love you").
 
 After coming home, the boys had just as much fun passing out candy to trick-or-treaters as they did getting it themselves!
 
Ty and his preschool class sang Halloween songs for the parents.  Or at least they were supposed to sing.  Most forgot that part when faced with a sea of eager parents.

1 comment: