Sunday, November 18, 2012

Leaf Races

Here is just a little memory that I don't want to forget:

About a week ago (the day before our snowstorm), I took Ty on a run with me.  It was a blustery fall day, and all of the leaves were blowing off the trees and swirling around us.  Ty stretched out his hands and tried to catch the blowing leaves and even succeeded in catching one of them.  About halfway into the run I pointed out to Ty that all the leaves blowing down the road looked like they were running a race.  He thought that was the greatest thing ever and shrieked and cackled with delight for the rest of the run, commenting on all of the different "races" he saw.  I couldn't stop smiling and laughing at his darling display of joy.  Childhood is so precious!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, precious and fleeting...so fun that you gave him something to be delighted about. That will be a special memory forever.

    ReplyDelete