Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Joy

This year we found out that Jacob loves our Christmas tree.  I had no idea until one morning he woke up before Ty did (Ty usually turns the tree lights on when he wakes up), and after our usual morning cuddle, he led me straight to the Christmas tree.  When I just stood there he pushed me down to where the button is to turn on the lights.  Only after I turned on the lights did he proceed with the morning routine.  He has since repeated this scenario every morning that he gets up before Ty.  In the evenings once it starts to get dark (usually after dinner), he once again goes over to the tree and tries to turn on the lights (something I am usually alerted to by the sound of falling ornaments).  It warms my heart to see him sticking out his foot to try to push the button the way he has seen me do!  (We've since moved the button out to make it more easily accessible to him.)  It is such a thrill to have proof that he enjoys our holiday traditions, whether he says so or not!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! That's so fun that he can show it in that way. Lets face it ...there is magic and light and anticipation and beauty in every tree...I have loved just watching the baby's in the family just stand there and gaze at our tree when they come to. Jacob is just a part of a unanimous crowd that loves Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile : ) I'm glad he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. We love Jacob! (and you.)

    ReplyDelete